Saturday, December 15, 2007

Week 8
#19
I looked at the category Books under the Web 2.0 Awards after glancing at the overall categories. Some of the sites such as Technorati under Blog Guides we have looked at earlier in Web 2.0. Under Books the Lulu.com - Self Publishing - Free site seemed to be a networking tool with Forums but also a way for people to advertise services and pay for tools to download and books. Some tools and services are free, and the group activities would be. I found it somewhat frustrating trying to find which were free. When I looked under Events they were all in America, which wasn't useful for me.
http://www.librarything.com/ I have previously looked at to select books and I like this and being able to look at the latest covers and details. Biblio.com could be good for trying to locate old books - they had various Poenamu entries under John Logan Campbell. I looked up Art Books and it came up with a range at reasonable prices and had the NZ price as well underneath the American. When I looked up Beeby the educationist as a word in the title I came up with compltely unrelated books, but when I entered it as a keyword and selected Search AU/NZ only I came up with a whole list of relevant ones mainly that he had authored, because of this option in particular I would find this a useful site.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks as if you explored Librarything extensively - the Web 2.0 programme concludes today and you only have four activities to go - it would be great to see you finish!